design to make you feel at home

Hello! My name is Sarah Wolfgang and I have been a professional kitchen and bath designer since 2004. I spent 15 years in Western Europe and consider Austria my home. It's from my childhood there that I tap into my imagination to create unique and personalized spaces. My philosophy is that great design becomes more than the sum of a space's aesthetics and functionality but transcends both. That is why I make it my mission that every client feels daheim (German for "at home"). I have a passion for strong, functional design and this is my log of inspiration and current projects. Comments are welcome. Enjoy!

Friday, June 1, 2012

Solid Surface Countertops


Description: A synthetic product made of  polymeric materials.

Popular Brands: Corian, Hi-Mac, Avonite, Livingstone, …

Features:

-Lots of color choices

-Repairable

-Moldable

-Seamless (Sinks and backsplash can be one piece)

-Sanitary for Kitchen/Bath application

-Easy to no maintenance

-Endless edge profile options



Things to consider:

-Not heat resistant

-Not scratch resistant – in fact it’s very easy to scratch

-Medium to high price point

-Matte finish only

What's new? Well, I haven't seen any thing earth-shattering in the Solid Surface World lately. But I do like unusual or unpredictiable applications, such as with Corian's Illumination Series. It allows light to pass through the surface and creates a soft glow. Check it out:


No comments:

Post a Comment